Log in

No account? Create an account

July 2017
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

airlied [userpic]
Initial KMS support for radeons merged to Linus tree.

Okay radeon TTM/KMS has landed in Linus tree under staging.

To enable it you need to enable CONFIG_DRM_RADEON_KMS, which relies on CONFIG_STAGING being set.

please read the CONFIG_STAGING warnings, esp the
"Please note that these drivers are under heavy
development, may or may not work, and may contain userspace
interfaces that most likely will be changed in the near

Now to get a userspace that can use this code you need to get

git://git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/libdrm master branch
and build it with --enable-radeon-experimental-api and install that.

git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati kms-support branch
build that second

git://git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa.git master branch
build this with libdrm_radeon somewhere that pkgconfig can find it.

You should either have KMS + DRI2, or a pile of smoking trash.

Please report any mode type issues on #radeon or dri-devel mailing list.

If you can't compile or configure your system to use this please wait until you have a distro do it for you.

If you are using Fedora 11, grab the latest xf86-video-ati from koji and all you need is the new kernel bits.

Known issues:
My DDX reports something about DRM 2.0.0 and wanting 1.2.x or something like that, you messed up setting up the DDX or are
still using the system DDX.
Xv might be broken on resize (or normally)
r600/r700 doesn't work (no surprise its not ready yet)

Works, but Xv is broken as noted in known issues

I've got a Radeon Mobility x300 128MB (Inspiron 6000) running Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit with your above directions. The install went fairly smoothly, once I realized that you had meant git://git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm master branch instead of libdrm.

Rebooted after configuring Grub, and glxgears/compiz seems to be ok so far. I fired up Miro to check out Xv, and was greeted with my video window only showing the upper-left quadrant of my screen. There was a patch from Alex Deucher that I used previously which still gives the intended output from Xv. The patch no longer completely applies due to ongoing changes in the driver code, but it gets the job done on my system (a.k.a. the fix still works for me).

Diff/Patch: http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/kms_fix_xv.diff

The general explanation that I got was that there's an offset that needs to be taken into account for the r300, or maybe it's just the r370. Alex would probably be the person to talk to for the specifics.